Getting The Results You Should Expect When Hiring An Immigration Attorney

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Immigration
  4.  » Military Parole In Place

Military Parole In Place

Many people ask, “Can I adjust my immigration status if I am married to a military service member?” The immigration process can be long and complex, so it’s natural to wonder if service in the military – even by a spouse – can have an impact on this process. A status change may also be necessary if the couple wants to stay together but the immigrant’s status – or lack of documentation – may make that difficult.

At ERM Immigration Law, PLLC, we know how this puts you in a difficult position, and we have experienced attorneys who can offer guidance and help you explore potential solutions. We focus on education and our clients, so you know we will put you first and answer any questions you have. From our Seattle office, we can work with you anywhere you are, and even offer virtual appointments.

Do You Need An Unlawful Presence Waiver?

When a foreign national enters the country without permission, they may need a provisional unlawful presence waiver since they cannot adjust their status. Unfortunately, getting this waiver can be a long and stressful process.

For those who are married to military service members, though, there is a way around this complexity. If you are the spouse of an active duty service member, you can apply for military parole in place. Doing so can potentially save you around $4,000 in filing fees. Additionally, it means you won’t need an unlawful presence waiver, streamlining the process and making this go more quickly.

The right immigration solution can help you avoid removal proceedings and jump-start the process of adjusting your status to remain in the United States long-term.

Contact Us Today

Our firm has had great success with military parole in place cases over the years. If this is something you are interested in exploring, just give us a call at 206-745-9241 or use the online contact portal to set up your initial consultation with an experienced lawyer. We look forward to working with you and providing the legal guidance you seek at this time.