Getting The Results You Should Expect When Hiring An Immigration Attorney

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Employment Immigration
  4.  » TN Visas: Temporary Visas For Canadian & Mexican Citizens

Experienced Guidance For Those Seeking TN Visas

TN visas are a niche type of visa that allows you, your spouse and dependents to live and work in the United States on a temporary basis. Qualifying and applying for this type of visa can be complicated. It’s wise to seek legal counsel from an experienced immigration lawyer before applying.

At ERM Immigration Law, PLLC, we are well-versed in the nuances of TN visas. We devote our practice exclusively to immigration law, including employment-based visas. When you work with us, you can expect accurate, timely guidance on your options for pursuing professional employment opportunities in the United States.

Who Qualifies For A TN Visa?

The nonimmigrant NAFTA professional (TN) visa was created pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) between the U.S., Mexico and Canada. To qualify for a TN visa, you must be a citizen of Canada or Mexico, You must also have employment lined up in a professional position in the United States. Examples of a professional position include:

  • Pharmacist
  • Doctor
  • Engineer
  • Accountant
  • Attorney
  • Scientist
  • Dentist
  • Registered nurse
  • Architect
  • Professor

You must have the appropriate credentials for your position in the U.S.

Our attorneys can evaluate whether you meet all the qualifications for a TN visa and help you prepare a thorough application, setting you on the strongest footing for success.

How Long Can You Stay?

A TN visa grants you the ability to live and work in the U.S. for an initial period of three years. You can apply for an extension, provided you file the appropriate paperwork before your visa expires. Our lawyers can help you with this process.

Let Us Help You Get A TN Visa

We are here to guide you through all stages of the process, minimizing the risk of denials and delays. To get started, simply call 206-745-9241 or reach out to us online. We are based in Seattle, Washington, and represent clients around the globe.