Getting The Results You Should Expect When Hiring An Immigration Attorney

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Immigration
  4.  » K-1 Fiancé Visas

Bring The Person You Love To The United States

You are engaged and you want to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States for lawful permanent residency. One of your best options is the K-1 fiancé visa. The application process, however, is complex and enigmatic.

We can help you navigate the steps of your visa petition so you can bring the person you love to the U.S. We are ERM Immigration Law, PLLC, of Seattle. For years, we have helped hundreds of clients successfully obtain K-1 visas and other family-based visas.

K-1 visas for fiancé(e)s are of special interest to our team.
Our lead attorney once helped her Italian fiancé immigrate. 
She understands how important a fiancé(e) visa can be to you.

For experienced legal service combined with personal care, reach out to our team of immigration attorneys.

Do You Qualify For A K-1 Visa?

Not all couples can seek residency through a K-1 visa. To obtain one, you must meet the following criteria:

  • The person living in the U.S. is a U.S. citizen;
  • You and your fiancé(e) have met in person, physically, within the last two years;
  • Neither of you is married to someone else, even if you are in the process of divorcing;
  • You, the U.S. citizen, have the means to support your fiancé(e) financially; and,
  • You and your fiancé(e) do not have certain criminal convictions.

If you and your fiancé(e) do not currently meet these criteria, we may still be able to help you. We can explain the steps you should take to qualify; then, we can help you get there.

What Happens After A K-1 Visa?

Once your fiancé(e) has had their Petition for Alien Fiancé approved, attended their interview abroad, and obtained their K-1 visa, they may enter the U.S. to marry their U.S. citizen petitioner and apply for a green card. Once inside the U.S. on their K-1 visa, they must marry their K-1 petitioner within 90 days. Then, they are eligible to file for Adjustment of Status to obtain a green card. Adjustment of status allows the applicant to wait inside the U.S. while the green card is being processed.

We understand how crucial this is for you and your partner. Because we are committed to achieving positive results for our clients, we will do all that we can to help you one day secure a green card.

Learn How To Get A K-1 Visa And Green Card Status For Your Fiancé(e)

If your fiancé(e) is already in the U.S. on another status and you get married without a K-1 visa, you will still need to apply for a green card. You are strongly encouraged to have an attorney help you meet all requirements and document your eligibility for USCIS. Tell us about your story so we can help you write the next chapter.

Contact us for the skilled immigration law service you can trust. To reach our Washington office to schedule an initial consultation, please call 206-745-9241 or send us an email.