Getting The Results You Should Expect When Hiring An Immigration Attorney
Emily L. Durbin
Emily L. Durbin, or L. for short, has been practicing immigration law exclusively since her admission to the Washington State Bar in 2019. L. joined ERM Immigration Law, PLLC (ERM), a small boutique firm located in Seattle, WA devoted entirely to immigration law, as a law student intern and made the transition to paralegal and then associate attorney after being licensed.
At ERM, you will get the attention, respect, and service you expect when hiring an attorney. When you reach out for assistance on a legal matter, you may feel vulnerable, confused or down-right irritated with the system, and immigration law is certainly no exception. L. aims to make the process as straightforward as possible by focusing on quality work, sustained communication, and thorough research. Your success is her success.
L. is experienced in various immigration matters including Adjustment of Status (Green Cards), Naturalization, Asylum, Consular Processing, Certificates of Citizenship, U-Visa, waivers, humanitarian parole, Temporary Protected Status, and more. She works on cases in front of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and the immigration court (EOIR).
Outside of winning approvals and grants of benefits for her clients, L. loves helping families stay together, individuals pursue work or educational opportunities, or folks find lasting safety. She also loves learning about her clients' diverse and incredibly unique backgrounds.
L. sincerely hopes she can help you in your immigration journey.
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: cum laude
- Fresno Pacific University , Fresno, California
- B.A. - 2012
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Psychology
- Washington, 2019
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Named to Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2022
- Outstanding Service Awardee, Pro Bono Pledge Program, 2015-2017
- Year End Achievement Scholarship, 2015-2016
- Law Trustee's Scholarship, 2015-2017
- International Refugee Assistance Project, 2015 to 2017
- First Year Fellow, Access to Justice Institute, 2015 to 2016
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, 2017, Legal Extern
- King County Superior Court, 2018, Judicial Extern
- Associate Attorney